Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pumpkins...Oh My





We attempted to carve pumpkins on Sunday evening. One look at the slimy goo inside the pumpkin and both boys decided that cleaning out the pumpkin was a job for MOM. Don't let the pictures of Jonathan in front of the lidless pumpkin fool you. He did not help clean out the pumpkin even though he put his garden gloves on for the job. He did supervise me in my work however.

Jonathan and Eric each had a small pumpkin they picked out and painted and decorated with stickers. I wanted them to decorate with large sticker shapes. Spray the whole pumpkin black with spray paint. Let dry and then take off the stickers. I saw it in a magazine somewhere and it was super cute. Unfortunately, the boys didn't really like that idea since they had their own ideas. Oh well. It was their pumpkins and they could decide how to decorate them. Jonathan's pumpkin is purple in some places and filled with stickers in others. Eric's is purple and red. Very nice job. Kudos to my Kids! My pumpkin has a scary carved face and glows very nicely outside in the dark.

We still have a couple more pumpkins to decorate. Our trip to the farm Sunday a.m. yielded us six pumpkins. Oops.

By the way, Eric was present for the pumpkin carving and decorating but decided not to participate in photos.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I suppose they weren't going to even consider roasted seeds...:)

Lana and the Fam said...

Eric actually tried one after they were roasted. He thought it tasted good but then didn't eat any more. Jonathan was a "no sale" for the whole deal.