Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lake George

Jay and I and the boys went to Lake George this morning to swim and play in the sand. It's a lovely, shallow lake perfect for the boys since they don't swim yet. The water is clear and relatively algae free. You can see tiny perch swimming your legs and see the sandy bottom. The beach itself is fantastic sand. Jay and Eric built a two-story sand castle with moat. Jonathan and I built a lake and a bucket shaped castle. Unfortunately, the "let's destroy" nature of the two boys took over and they crushed our creations soon after they were built. It was very fun. We were there about two hours and even though the weather was steamy, there was a nice cool breeze off the lake that kept us refreshed. I took my camera to the beach to get some shots of us enjoying our time, but once again my batteries were depleted. I really need to invest in another set of AA rechargeables.

No comments: