Monday, February 11, 2008

Help Us!

Jay took both boys to the doctor today so that we could hopefully begin to see the end to their illnesses. Eric had pink eye over a week ago and gave it to Jonathan this week. Jonathan's pink eye is the worst I've ever seen and it has been very nasty. But the pink eye is only the tip of the gigantic iceberg. Jonathan brought home croup this week from school, I assume. (A classmate of his and the daughter of my friend Kerri was out sick today with the same symptoms as Jonathan.) Jonathan shared the croup with Eric. Jonathan also has an ear infection which explains the terrible fever he has had the last four evenings. Our house is beginning to look like a Walgreen's pharmacy. But nothing is giving us the lasting relieve we need to catch some zzzzz's.

There has been no sleep in this house practically since last Wednesday. Please pray with us that the boys will sleep through the night and no longer cough all night long. I'm so tired. I need some uninterrupted sleep. We all do. Well, except for Anabel. I think she has been sleeping like a log.

This morning at five a.m. I broke out the Vick's VapoRub. While I didn't get to enjoy the benefits of that fine balm because I had to get ready for work, Jonathan apparently fell back to sleep and slept until around 9:00. The little guy needed to sleep. I think he has been up pretty much every hour since Wednesday too. One night he was too wired to sleep and the next he was coughing too hard. Tonight we prayed for a deep and uneventful sleep for him.

Well, it's quiet right now so I should sign off and take advantage of the quiet by falling asleep. God willing I won't wake up until 7 a.m. Nighty nite.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that sucks! We will send prayers and maybe you can send some in return. Our kids are sick with stomach stuff, lots of stomach stuff. Darin and I just got over it today and are supposed to leave for vacation tomorrow. Wish us luck...

Matthews said...

Ugh. I heard we were going through similar things. I've been up for 3 hours due to Jenna. SLEEEEPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!