Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time to Update the Blog



Hmmm, it's been over a month since I've blogged on here. Oops. We haven't been doing anything except basically hibernating, grocery shopping, working and going to the gym. None of those items are very exciting picture taking opportunities. Maybe I'll get the camera out later today after naps and see if we can get some silly shots of us playing. Jonathan enjoys taking photos. Maybe we can get some great shots of his tiger or something.

Today it has been snowing some and is very windy which makes for another good reason to stay in the house. Jonathan has a terrible cold and two eyes infected with pink eye. It has been awful! Runny, gross, mucus-y discharge. Poor kid. His eyes look sore and puffy. They are very difficult to look at. Last night was a rough one. I maybe got to sleep for an hour and then would here Jonathan coughing or moaning for assistance. He keeps saying his eyes hurt. This morning they appear much better but are far from being normal. In addition to the pink eye, he had been running a very high fever which seems to have broken overnight. Maybe he is on the mend!

I am planning on going to Grand Marais next Friday through Monday with my friend Jill. Her parents own that tiny little cabin right on the shore of Lake Superior. It's going to be cold up there I'm sure, but I am looking forward to being on my own for a few days. Just think, I can sleep in until I like and get up when I like. I'm sure we'll do some shopping as well. There is a quaint little bookstore there and some fun gift type stores.

The photo above is a view from the cabin in Grand Marais. I took it the last time I was there. It was so cold outside that the lake was steamy. Beautiful. Calming. Ahhhh...I can't wait.

1 comment:

Matthews said...

Yeah! That sounds like a peaceful getaway. Relax and enjoy yourself! Wish I was going as well!