Thursday, March 22, 2007

First Phone Call

Jonathan received his first phone call yesterday from his friend, Fredrick. "Is Jonathan there?" Jonathan got on the phone and immediately proceeded upstairs to his room where as soon as I approached his door he closed his door for privacy. Funny! The behavior must be natural. (I think next time I get a phone call, I'll try the same thing and see if that works for me.) They talked for a while and then Jonathan said he was waiting for Fredrick to come back to the phone because he had to go and get dressed. Soon thereafter the phone started beeping like it was disconnected. Jonathan hung up and we called Fredrick back. I think the two boys talked four times yesterday. And so it begins! At one point I heard Jonathan tell Fredrick he missed him. And then he asked if Fredrick missed him too. So cute. Both of them were attempting to organize a time to play together at the other's house. I'll have to chat with Fredrick's mom and get that organized. We'll see Fredrick at Jonathan's kid party on Saturday. Speaking of which, there are seven friends coming. Should be fun!

No comments: