Tuesday, March 20, 2007

T-Ball & Birthday Updates





Jonathan had his 2nd night of t-ball and it sounds like things went much better this time around. His first night, he basically had a half-an-hour tantrum because he was afraid of everything...new kids, daddy standing too far away, strangers telling him what to do etc. Before he went tonight, I had a long talk with him about what to expect and asked him not to be "mean" to daddy. He came home all smiles and really enjoyed himself. I was very proud of him and let him know it. Jay was much happier this evening too.

Tomorrow Jonathan has his 5 year appointment at the doctor so he can get into kindergarten in the fall. I had to tell him about the appointment tonight so he wouldn't be surprised. I even told him about the four shots he'll have to get. Poor guy, but I think he will try to be brave. He told me he would be bringing his bear and new tiger to the appointment with him to help him with the shots. Please keep us in your prayers. His appointment is at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow.

Jonathan's birthday was yesterday and we celebrated at Grandma and Grandpa Matthews' house. It was a triple celebration as we celebrated Jay's birthday belatedly and Jennifer's birthday a week ahead of time also. We had fantastically yummy food and dessert. Things were hectic but fun. Jonathan got great gifts and was very happy about everything. This coming Saturday he has one more celebration. A friend party at McDonalds. Should be interesting. Two or three kids from his preschool class are coming as well as a couple of other friends. My friend, Kerri, is going to help me out with the party although I think McDonald's has most everything planned for me.

No comments: