Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tastes Like What?

Jonathan went back to preschool today after his week off for "spring break". He has a new teacher and today was her first day in class. Jonathan was sad and didn't want me to leave so I stuck around for a while to watch. Soon after the kids were sitting in their circle, Jonathan's friend, Frederick, was attempting to get the new teacher's attention. When she acknowledged him, he said his tooth fell out. There was blood on his mouth and on his fingers and sweatshirt. The assistant teacher, took Freddie to the restroom to clean up and when he came back and joined the circle he tried to say something to Jonathan. "Jonathan, Jonathan, blood tastes like ketchup!" It was VERY funny. Not sure if Jonathan heard him or not, but it gave me something to laugh about all day. I need to make sure I share that with Freddie's mom when I call her this evening.

It seems like Jonathan's school day was a good one. I think he'll like his new teacher. Since there is only about two months of classes left, it's a shame they have to get used to someone new. But maybe this will make kindergarten transition in the fall that much easier.

No comments: